Girls Can Do Anything! Summer Camp
Our campers are encouraged to dream big and embrace themselves and their strengths by breaking down barriers that divide girls, such as socioeconomic status, race, body image, family structure, etc. Through fun experiences and interactions, The Oasis Center encourages leadership development, community service, teamwork, decision-making skills, and good communication, while promoting self-esteem and healthy living. The camp is designed for girls ages five to fifteen, and tuition is based on a sliding scale with scholarships available based on need.
The Summer Camp 2018 reservations open March 4th. Be sure to register early to reserve your child’s place.
- Girls ages 5-13
- Junior leaders program for girls ages 11-13
- Girls to the Rescue week: June 4-8
- Make a difference, and save a life! Girls will learn about professions that help keep others safe in our community. Girls will spend time with women in public safety fields like firefighters, police officers, doctors, and paramedics. Activities may include learning age-appropriate skills for crime scene investigation with the Tallahassee Police Department and practicing fire rescue techniques with the Tallahassee Fire Department.
- Adventures of a Girl week: June 11-15
- Girls will tap into their adventurous side this week. Girls’ may experience thrilling excitement like reaching new heights rock climbing, canoeing at FSU’s Reservation, or learning how to roller skate from the best with the Tallahassee RollerGirls. Other activities will include things like practicing skills to survive in the great outdoors and learning about different sports!
- Girls can Build Anything: June 18-22
- Together we can build anything! Girls will engage in many hands-on experiences this week. They will learn how to draw and construct models with local architects and engineers. In addition, they will be learning what it is like to start a Tiny Home community. Girls will engage in a community service project to build something that benefits the community. They will also learn how to build digitally, spending the day learning all about coding and robots!
- I Heart Art: June 25-29
- During I Heart Art week, girls will explore all kinds of different arts, whether it be with a camera, through dance, with a paintbrush, in clay, through music, and much more! Campers will spend time with successful local women artists and learn more about the artistic journey while embracing their own strengths and creativity. This week of camp will culminate in an art gallery exhibition that will be open to the public on Friday, June 29th.
- Girls Mean Business (2-week session): July 9-20
- Together, girls will have the opportunity to plan and create their very own business! In a fun setting, girls will explore all the components of starting and running a company from public relations, product design/marketing, financials, sales, operations, and even incorporate philanthropy. The girls will learn from women business leaders in our community and launch their enterprise on Friday, July 20th. This is a two-week camp session. To participate your girl must be enrolled for the full two-weeks.
- Science Rocks week: July 23-27
- Girls will explore a variety of scientific and technical fields from oceanography to physics and will be led in hands-on projects by women scientists in our community. Field trips will include awesome and experiential trips to real labs and the Challenger Learning Center. Girls will also get to do their own experiments for some silly science fun.
- Animal Expedition: July 30-August 3
- This week is all about animals! Girls will meet many critters including those that swim, fly, stomp, and roar. Girls will go horseback riding and meet many women in a variety of animal-related professions such as veterinarians, those who use pets to help others through animal therapy, and more!
- In addition to field trips and activities based on the weekly theme, girls in every week will go swimming, engage in physical activity, eat healthy snacks, participate in a community service project, and have lots of silly camp fun.
Limited reduced scholarships are availableALL SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN DISTRIBUTED
- A deposit of one week’s camp amount required for registration
- 10% discount for sisters attending at the same time
We can’t thank last year’s sponsors enough for supporting our campers!