Single Mothers' Support Group
The Oasis Center respects and admires single moms and recognizes the challenges that come with being one. Our Single Mothers’ Support Groups provide a safe and casual environment to share and learn from mothers in similar circumstances. With the guidance of a counselor, the women talk through difficult times or situations and share joyful experiences. The Oasis Center provides a way for women to connect with other women who understand and to provide information and access to community resources.
There are two options for Single Mothers to get group
Oasis has taken immediate action to ensure we do our part to minimize the threat of exposure of COVID-19. We have been working remotely since March 13th and will only be offering virtual Single Mothers’ groups for the foreseeable future.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL FRIDAY, MAY 29TH
The next Single Mothers’ Support group will start on Thursday, June 18th. Interested moms show follow the steps below to apply for space in our next group.
- Fill out the initial application.
- Open the confirmation email that is immediately sent to you.
- Click the link in the email to schedule your 15-minute intake appointment phone call with the counselor, Rose.
- Talk with Rose to see if the group is a good fit for you and if you are a good fit for the group.
- If you’re offered a place in the group, fill out the registration paperwork.
- The group meets for 8 weeks.
- We start June 18 and end August 6.
- The group meets virtually on Thursdays from 8:00 PM – 9:30 PM.
- The fee for the group $5 per session ($40 total for the 8-week group).
- Ask us about scholarships!
Registration is open until Friday, May 29. Register now and don’t delay because space is limited!
If you have questions about joining one of our groups, please email Robin Dunn Bryant, our Women’s Empowerment Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).