Uplift women and girls!
The Oasis Center for Women & Girls is a nonprofit organization focused on improving the well-being of women and girls through upholding our missing to “improve the lives of women and girls through celebration and support”.
Founded in 2007, we are focused on personal, professional, and economic concerns facing women, girls, and their families. We are committed to addressing these issues individually through the provision of direct services and collectively through community dialogue and awareness. Services offered include individual counseling, Single Moms Support groups, Girls Circle, Girls for Change, and Girls Can Do Anything! Camp. Our programming is strengths-based, inclusive, accessible, and affordable. Established to fill a gap in gender-centered services, the Oasis Center staff and board strive toward a community where women and girls thrive at every stage of life.
how can you help?
We’re so happy you are interested in helping us continue to serve women and girls locally! Most of our needs are not in providing direct services, but in the behind-the-scenes actions that keep our agency functioning smoothly: donations of time and/or goods. These needs fluctuate throughout the year, depending on events and programs.
Donate Your Time
- Table an event to spread the Oasis message, educating people about what services we offer.
- Organize a snack drive (Individually wrapped snacks are best for our programs. Popular snacks for our girls include Goldfish crackers, pretzels, Cheezits, fruit snacks, animal crackers, granola bars, etc).
- Assist at the Oasis office with the administrative tasks that keep our organization running.
- Clean the Oasis building.
- Individually wrapped healthy snacks for Girls Circles (year-round) or for Girls Can Do Anything Camp (summer)
- Dinner for Single Moms Group (12 slots a year)
- Donate new, unwrapped toys for the Single Moms Support Group holiday toy drive
How can my group/organization help?
Generally, our opportunities are more suited for individuals and small groups but if you are a large group looking to take us on or adopt us, we might be able to customize a package for you. If you’re interested in adopting Oasis, please email our Women’s Empowerment Program Coordinator Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
what should I do next?
Please fill out the Volunteer/Donation form to get started! We will contact you with any questions or to move forward.