Our Counseling Program provides a safe, confidential and worry-free environment that meets women where they are in life. Guided by our strengths-based philosophy, counselors work with women to set their own goals and support progress toward a self-determined definition of success. Counseling is offered on a sliding-fee scale, regardless of insurance status.
Join us in a global day of giving and unity!
Oasis believes in women and girls and is a 100% homegrown nonprofit organization. We are committed to empowering our local women and girls through celebration, support, advocacy, and education. If you share our vision of a world where all women and girls thrive at every stage of their life, donate. Every dollar brings that world closer to reality.
Any donation will improve the lives of women and girls in our community.
Oasis is a place where women and girls are valued, supported, and celebrated. We see barriers to women’s well-being and we work to diminish them.
- Our individual counseling, specializing in women’s issues, offers mental health support on a sliding fee scale.
- Girls Can Do Anything! summer camp engages girls in big visions of who they are and want to be while meeting women doing awesome things throughout the community. Discounts are available for families in need.
- We take our girls empowerment programming out into the community, where girls are, providing small-group support in the K-12 setting.
- Our single moms’ support group meets once a week in 8-week cohorts. There is a small fee to establish commitment. Dinner and childcare are included for the 90-minute sessions.
- We award women’s local contributions, honoring Trailblazers annually and telling these important stories in elementary schools.
- Barriers to women’s equity, safety, health, agency, and economic mobility, are also resolved by representation. So we train women to run for office through a nonpartisan, issue-neutral curriculum and event series called Women Can Run.
“I saw my daughter become a strong, confident young woman. Keep up the good work!”
“This is the best camp she’s ever been to. It’s the first time my 13 year old has wanted to get out of bed every morning.”
Learn More About Our Programs
Our programs are designed to support and empower women to lead the lives they choose. Whether addressing mental health, emotional stability, and practical needs through Individual Counseling and Single Moms Support Group, or celebrating accomplishments and encouraging leadership endeavors through The Trailblazer Project & Awards and Women Can Run, we work daily to enact our vision of women thriving at every stage of life. We are also proud to staff the Tallahassee/Leon County Commission on the Status of Women and Girls to promote systemic change for women and girls in Tallahassee.
Our Girls Empowerment programs focus on encouraging a sense of worth and confidence in girls by offering a supportive space and strategies for finding and using her voice effectively, building strong friendships and healthy coping mechanisms for stress, leading with kindness and collaborating with empathy. Girls Can Do Anything! Camp, Girls Circle, and Girls for Change are examples of these efforts. Each program page has more detail.
Learn More About Our People
Caring and committed, from board members to staff members, Oasis accepts its community mandate to support and celebrate women and girls. Our founding members believed in Tallahassee’s need for Oasis enough to support the agency’s launch. The Oasis Alliance sustains our mission with recurring gifts. Together, we make change by improving the lives of women and girls every day.
Volunteer or Give
You are the reason we are here. Give of your time and your treasures to make sure Oasis can keep doing this work.
Girls Can Do Anything & You Can Help!
There are many ways to support a great summer for every Oasis girl. Businesses can sponsor a camp week. Civic groups can host a snack and supplies drive. Residents can support by shopping at local business partners that are making it easy to make a difference with change!