What’s new at The Oasis Center for Women and Girls!
The Oasis Center has been busy for the past couple of months… click here to see what we have been up to!
Women’s Circles are groups specifically designed to bring people together who share the commonality of gender in a time that social connection and support are crucial. This will be a group of women who will provide an intimate support group for each other, where women can talk through struggles and shared experiences while taking it one day at a time. Various groups will offer self-reflection, meditations, journaling, self-care techniques, and more. Sign up by filling out THIS FORM!
2022 Trailblazer Luncheon
Our 14th annual Trailblazer Luncheon will be held on March 8th at the Lively Cafe! Click HERE for more info!
2022 Trailblazer Nominations
March is Women’s History Month, a time when communities come together to honor the contributions of women. The Oasis Center for Women & Girls has a long tradition of celebrating trailblazing women and girls who have changed our lives for the better during our annual community-wide Women’s History Month Luncheon.
Smashing barriers and shattering glass ceilings, these Trailblazers make it possible for other girls and women to leave their mark. Unsung Sheroes help the world turn but are seldom recognized for it. Age does not limit Girls who Can Do Anything. They are starting early, blazing trails for us to follow.
Help us honor those who are putting in the long hours and hard work every day. We encourage you to look across the community and nominate girls or women that make the world a better place for other girls and women. Honorees will be presented with an award at the Trailblazer Luncheon on March 8th during Women’s History Month.
Oasis is a place where women and girls are valued, supported, and celebrated. We see barriers to women’s well-being and we work to diminish them.
- Our individual counseling, specializing in women’s issues, offers mental health support on a sliding fee scale.
- Girls Can Do Anything! summer camp engages girls in big visions of who they are and want to be while meeting women doing awesome things throughout the community. Discounts are available for families in need.
- We take our girls’ empowerment programming out into the community, where girls are, providing small-group support in the K-12 setting.
- Our single moms’ support group meets once a week in 8-week cohorts. There is a small fee to establish commitment. Dinner and childcare are included for the 90-minute sessions.
- We award women’s local contributions, honoring Trailblazers annually and telling these important stories in elementary schools.
- Barriers to women’s equity, safety, health, agency, and economic mobility, are also resolved by representation. So we train women to run for office through a nonpartisan, issue-neutral curriculum and event series called Women Can Run.
“I saw my daughter become a strong, confident young woman. Keep up the good work!”
“This is the best camp she’s ever been to. It’s the first time my 13 year old has wanted to get out of bed every morning.”
Learn More About Our Programs
Our programs are designed to support and empower women to lead the lives they choose. Whether addressing mental health, emotional stability, and practical needs through Individual Counseling and Single Moms Support Group, or celebrating accomplishments and encouraging leadership endeavors through The Trailblazer Project & Awards and Women Can Run, we work daily to enact our vision of women thriving at every stage of life. We are also proud to staff the Tallahassee/Leon County Commission on the Status of Women and Girls to promote systemic change for women and girls in Tallahassee.
Our Girls Empowerment programs focus on encouraging a sense of worth and confidence in girls by offering a supportive space and strategies for finding and using her voice effectively, building strong friendships and healthy coping mechanisms for stress, leading with kindness and collaborating with empathy. Girls Can Do Anything! Camp, Girls Circle, and Girls for Change are examples of these efforts. Each program page has more detail.
Learn More About Our People
Caring and committed, from board members to staff members, Oasis accepts its community mandate to support and celebrate women and girls. Our founding members believed in Tallahassee’s need for Oasis enough to support the agency’s launch. The Oasis Alliance sustains our mission with recurring gifts. Together, we make change by improving the lives of women and girls every day.
Make A Donation
You can contribute to any of The Oasis Center’s programs below, using secure Paypal Donations.
Girls Can Do Anything & You Can Help!
There are many ways to support a great summer for every Oasis girl. Businesses can sponsor a camp week. Civic groups can host a snack and supplies drive. Residents can support by shopping at local business partners that are making it easy to make a difference with change!